Thursday, July 18, 2013

You’ve got to be kidding…

Here’s a weird one for the day.  Denver is considering charging businesses for using the parks.

I can’t imagine being charged for taking your exercise class to a park.  I wonder if companies will be charged for company picnics?

I know parks have a hard time surviving.  They’ve never exactly been high on the governments agenda for financial support. 

I remember when I was in wildlife management, we had to take shop class because parks can’t afford to hire anyone to come in and make repairs.  So, in a sense, I can see why they might charge.  On the other hand, it could also reduce park usage, and that would be equally as bad. 

 


 Exercise fees in Denver parks may be stretching it
Denver Post

The city of Denver is looking at adding new fees for groups using the parks for business, such as exercise.


City Wants People to Pay to Exercise in Public Parks -- Seriously?!The Stir

 

 

No comments: