Friday, July 26, 2013

If nothing else, at least sitting on an exercise ball at work is entertaining.

I mentioned in an earlier post about a former roommates nephew being told by his doctor to sit on an exercise ball at work because it would help his posture and relieve his back pain.  For him it worked.

As you’ll see in this article, not all doctors feel the same way about them.  Some believe they have no benefits at all, and see no evidence to prove otherwise.

When we listen to the debates going back and forth on the subject, we might also bear in mind that despite evidence into the millions, doctor’s have also believed throughout the years that there was no such thing as menopause, pms, or postpartum depression.  Smile

So, evidence isn’t always accepted.  Personally, I believe a lot simply has to do with the individual themselves.  No two bodies are they same, and each responds in it’s own way to various therapies. 

Anyway, I really enjoyed this article and her humour.  Hope you do too.

 

Why I Switched My Office Chair with an Exercise Ball (and What It's ...

Many of us spend the majority of our professional lives sitting, which makes the office chair an all-important piece of furniture. Lately mine hasn't been cutting it, so as an experiment, I swapped my chair with an exercise ball.

 

 

 

No comments: