I recently pit these two hand creams against each other. My hands were sore, dry and cracked, so while I was at Walmart I picked up Gold Bond Ultimate. I chose it because it's an old brand that is really good and reliable. After I got home, the idea dawned on me to pit it against AVON's Intensive Hand Cream.
My results: My hands were in such bad shape that the Gold Bond stung like crazy. My hands were really red and splotchy afterwards. BUT! I liked the feel. It wasn't greasy.
Later that night, I pulled out the AVON Intensive Hand Cream from my little store and tried it. First, I have to say I really don't like how thick it is. It's heavy. It's thick. It's greasy. On the other hand, it feels quite soothing when you put it on. And it softened up my hands overnite when wearing cotton gloves.
So, here's the run down on the two products:
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Cream:
* Customers who have used the Gold Bond like it better than Jergyns, Vaseline, Aveeno, Nivea and Eucerin.
* It has a pleasant scent.
* Some like it because it's thick so you don't have to re-apply after each wash and it's not greasy.
AVON's Intensive Hand Cream:
* Like Gold Bond, AVON's Intensive Hand Cream doesn't have to be reapplied after washing.
* Like others, I agree that it's too greasy for daytime use.
* It's used by cosmetologists, because of their hands being in water so much of the time and washing away the natural oils.
* Hospital tested.
Technically, like with every product you need to try them yourself. Everyone's skin and experience is different. After my hands healed up, I found Gold Bond's to be great. So, you might find Gold Bond is perfect for you. You might find you like AVON's product best. My suggestion? Get them both and put them to the test. Let me know what your experience was!
Make it a great week!
Sign up for my free newsletter! Sign up
[I’m proud to say that the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning I make a little bit of money off each sale. Usually I make just enough to feed my 14 cats (the result of taking in ferals), so feel free to buy and help feed the tiny terrors.]
Privacy Statement: I find it really annoying when I sign up for a newsletter and they pass my email address on to some 3rd party. Therefore, just so you'll know, I do not and never will pass your email address on to anyone else.