A good hand mixer is one of the most essential tools in every kitchen. It offers the fastest way to mix egg whites, make meringue, cream sauces, making cakes, cheesecakes, puddings, mashpotatoes, etc.
So, let's take a look at two of the top hand mixers. The KitchenAid KHM9PWH 9-Speed Professional Hand Mixer(White):
* Nine digital speeds, 7-1/2 inches long by 6-1/2 inches high
* Pro whisk attachment increases air for fluffier mixtures
* Comfort-designed handle; heel rest won't tip when set on end
* Powerful lightweight motor designed for quiet, lifelong operation
* Wipes off for easy cleaning
* 120 Volt Powered AC
* Comes with a 1 year warranty.
At $59.99, it's a great deal for a professional model hand mixer. One more benefit I haven't mentioned yet is that the whisk is longer and wider than most other brands.
Now let's take a look at the Cuisinart HM-70 Power Advantage 7-Speed Hand Mixer, Stainless and White:
* Hand blender with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
* 7 speed options; slide control easily shifts speeds with a single touch
* Swivel cord; extra-long dishwasher-safe beaters; beater-eject lever (makes it nice for left handers)
* Spatula and instruction/recipe book included
* Measures approximately 8 by 3-3/4 by 5-3/4 inches
* 3-year limited warranty
The cost is an easy $49.95. My favourite part of the Cuisinart is that it comes with an instruction and recipe booklet. That's always a nice extra.
Like the KitchenAid, the Cuisinart gets 4.5 stars outa 5 from users. That says a lot for both.
KitchenAid products have been a fave among professional chefs. On the other hand, professional chefs also use Cuisinart.
So, in my opinion, regardless of which hand mixer you buy, there's no way you can go wrong.