Thursday, January 23, 2014

School Closings and Chaos: One super fun way to entertain the kids

I’m watching mom’s on facebook and twitter practically begging for the weather to change so their kids can go back to school. 

It was ok for them to be home for the first couple days, but now that it’s stretched into 7 days for some, you guys are going nuts.

So, here’s one awesome way to keep the kids entertained, and it’s freaking cheap!  I’m talking .99 cents cheap, and tons of hours of fun.

Best of all, you can buy them right now and start creating cool worlds, comic books, and cartoon strips! 

I used to babysit 7 kids (all siblings) – try that one.  The one thing I found that kept them entertained the entire evening (4 hrs) was getting them drawing, creating their own worlds, and telling their own stories from their drawings.

Don’t bother saying your kids can’t draw, because they can, they just need the right books to do it with.  And this is where I come in.  Smile

Amit Offir has some of the greatest drawing books out there for kids.  I use them all the time.  Some are very simple, and some pretty complex, and his new series has videos.

You can buy the books individually, or as a set.  I have them as a set, but a great way to try them out to see if you’re kids will like them, is to buy the .99 cent deals.  The books are on Kindle, but it’s no big deal if you don’t own one.  You can download the Kindle app for pc’s.

So, here we go: (I blab on a bit longer under all the book links, so don’t forget to keep reading.)

Amit has book after book on drawing everything you can think of.  However!  When you go to amazon to see all he has, make sure the book you order is in English.  His books have been translated into 20 languages, so be careful what you order.

I’d add the video courses, but google will can my hide for adding too many product links.  I might even get nailed for this one.

Anyway, the drawing books with videos have really simple characters to draw, where the other books gradually become more and more complex. You can tell that by the covers.

Also, make sure what you’re buying is for Kindle and not hardback. 

Amit also offers the books in sets.  I have both sets, and I also have the drawing fish on rocks with video.  The video is fantastic!

So, pick one up and get your kids drawing!  Sit down as a family and create your own comic strip, or even better!  Make a comic book together!

Let me know how it goes.  I’d love to hear your stories.

And as always – pass it on!  Smile

 

No comments: