Friday, July 15, 2011

How to Organize Paperwork: Wonder File Review

PHTO0006 A couple weeks ago I got had a hankering to write a new RPG (role playing game). So, I pulled out my overstuffed Wonder File, unfolded it on the floor and sat there amazed at how much I'd managed to stuff in that thing. But there it was, everything in it's place, everything ready for me to dive in.

As I sat there basking in the glow of my brilliance at buying the Wonder File, I wondered why on earth I hadn't done a review on it. So, here it is! A review that should have been written months ago.

Product Overview:

Summary

The point of the Wonder File is to help you get organized and clean up your cluttered work area, by providing lots of pockets to store your documents, research, school work, gaming downloads, receipts, bills, etc. When opened, it creates it's own workspace and a nice big one at that!

Size

Open's to a 34 x 28" workspace. Closed it's 14 x 11 3/4 x 1 3/4" for storage

Seller Amazon.com

Price$15.93

Main Features

  • 4 clear heavy plastic corner pockets with elastic corner bands to hold 8.5 x 11" papers in place.
  • 1 zipper pouch
  • 2 small heavy plastic pouches with Velcro closures
  • 1 large heavy plastic pouch that holds a netbook, files, etc.
  • 2 pen holders
  • Folds out to a large 34 x 28" workspace.
  • Fold in half, fold in the sides and you have a nice lap desk.

Durability

To be honest, when I took the product out of the box, the first thing that went through my mind was, "What a cheap pile of crap!" It honestly does look flimsy. But, I was desperate for something to help me keep my RPG stuff together, so I gave it a try, and very glad I did.

This was one of those rare moments when looks can be deceiving. I'm far from kind to mine, as are my cats, so I can say from experience that the Wonder File can take a good deal of abuse.

PHTO0009However, the elastic that holds papers in the plastic corner pockets are another story. They don't hold up well when you put ridiculously thick reports, etc. in them. You have to use your head, something of which I didn't and in return - I've got to sew them back on.

Performance

In my experience it works great or else I wouldn't be reviewing it and suggesting you stop what you are doing right now (meaning reading this) click this link and buy it.

As for what other consumers think. The Wonder File only receives a 3.3 star rating out of 5 stars. Here's the reason some people don't like it:

  • Small stuff falls out of the corner pockets.
  • The size - super big 34 x 28".

What those who like it think:

  • It's great for storage.
  • It's perfect for keeping organized when writing school reports, etc.
  • Convenient

Still telling it like it is - everyone, including myself, agree that it's annoying when the smaller papers fall out, but some of us find that insignificant compared to the benefits of the Wonder File.

Who This Product is Suitable For

  • Business people
  • Secretaries
  • Work at home moms
  • Homeschoolers
  • Crafters/hobbyists
  • Gamers
  • Teachers
  • Students
  • Writers
  • Song writers
  • Musicians
  • Speakers, etc

Features & Benefit

PHTO0010 What makes this product so awesome, and so worth the little inconveniences is that you can pull out the Wonder File and get straight to work on your project without having to hunt around for where you put what and where.

For people who are time conscious, to have a product that saves you time and frustration the Wonder File is a serious must have piece of kit.

Overall Thoughts

Although the little papers falling out is annoying, there's always the option of using the zipper section to hold those smaller papers or even store them behind the larger papers that do fit!

As for the size, I love it being that big. It gives me lots of space to work on. If it were smaller, it would be a bit useless for me.

Personally, I love it so much I bought a second one here lately to help me organize my PLR business. And! I'm planning on buying another one for RPG's again, because my first one is stuffed and overflowing.

There ya have it! If you're always losing papers and stuff like me, the Wonder File is an excellent buy and one you won't regret. Click here now to pick it up from Amazon and get yourself organized!

PHTO0011

No comments: