Monday, March 17, 2008

Man! How time flies!

Man! I didn't realise it had been so long since I last posted. Sorry about that.

If you check the previous post, you'll see I was experimenting with various Avon hand lotions to see which worked best on my lovely cold damaged hands. They were all red and looked wind burnt from working on my tepee and other stuff in the woods
without my gloves on.

What I found out, was neither Avon's SSS lotion, nor the Oatmeal, nor the
ACE were as effective by themselves, as they were when I alternated them with my homemade healing salve that I made with a herbal learning kit from Learning Herbs. That's not a plug for the kit, it's just the way the experiment worked.

Anyway, the healing salve has an olive oil base, so it
was way too oily to use during the day, so I used it at night. By morning, there was a noticeable difference in my hands.

During the day, I would use Avon's ACE. I tried the other two lotions
mentioned above, but for my skin, ACE worked best.

I had mucked my hands so bad that it took a couple weeks for them to heal.

It was a fun experiment. I learned quite a bit about how Avon's different hand lotions work under various conditions and I came to have a new respect for herbal remedies. :]

No comments: