Since a lot of people love KitchenAid, I thought I'd put a product review of one of their hand blenders up today. Meet the KitchenAid KHB100OB Hand Blender in classy onyx black! If you look at yesterday's post, you'll find a review on Cuisinart's Smart Stick. I love Cuisinart, but this little beast has really caught my eye. We're talking an immersion hand blender with 9 variable speeds!
Let's check out the specs:
* Immersion hand blender with powerful, quiet motor for blending, mixing, whipping, and more
* Durable snap-in attachment with stainless-steel blade and protective stainless-steel splashguard
* 8-inch immersion (impressive!); variable speed-control dial; one-touch "on/off" power button; ergonomic, non-slip grip
* Dishwasher-safe attachments and accessories; 3-cup blending beaker and sealing lid included
* Measures 17 by 3 by 6 inches; 1-year, hassle-free, replacement warranty
The biggie, apart from I love the thought of having 9 speeds - it has a 5' cord! Ok, some of you may not like long cords, but if you have a kitchen like mine where there's little space and outlets in the wrong places - a long cord is a cooks dream come true. : )
For those of us who are a bit on the klutzy side in the kitchen, the non-slip grip was made for us. : )
Let's take a look at the customer reviews. 131 customers gave a review on this little marvel and gave it a 4.5 stars. I noticed there are some people who didn't like the weight of the blender. They thought it was too heavy. Some didn't like the size, they thought it was too tall. Some thought the 5' cord was too short. And then there were the others who thought it was just right.
A couple other items worth mentioning that some didn't like is you have to hold the power button down while using it. But there's a good reason for that - it's called safety. The other item has to do with the plastic piece above the blades. A few people found bits of plastic in their food when the piece broke.
All in all, the majority love how fast it cleans up, the power, the weight, the price, the fact you can blend chumous and it actually turns out smooth, and the fact that KitchenAid has superior customer service if something should go wrong.
All in all, I think it's a great buy! It sales for $69.99 retail, but you can get it for 33% off, $46.88 from Amazon, and it qualifies for FREE super saver shipping.